We aim to provide a high standard of personal medical care to all our patients at all times.
We could not achieve this without the participation and support of our practice GPs, nurses and administrative staff.
This charter sets out the standards that we undertake to achieve and also ways in which you can help us to help you.
Our commitment to you:
- You can expect to be greeted in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
- You can expect to have your request acknowledged, actioned and responded to on the same day (Requests made outside of working hours will be answered on the following working day).
- Your request will be dealt with in the most medically appropriate way, which may be via email, telephone consultation, video consultation or a face to face appointment.
- All home visit requests will be met the same day where medically necessary.
- Every effort is made to make surgeries run on time, but you will appreciate that some consultations take much longer than others and it is not possible to predict in advance which these will be. If the delay is more than 20 minutes, the receptionist will offer an explanation.
- You can be assured of complete confidentiality by all the staff members dealing with your medical records.
- Referral letters to the hospital will be dispatched within 5 working days of your appointment.
- We will respect your need for dignity, privacy and your religious and cultural beliefs.
- If you are disabled or have special needs we will ensure our premises and services cater for you as far as possible.
- You have a right to see and obtain copies of your medical records (subject to medico-legal limitations).
- You can expect a full and prompt reply to any complaint you make about our services.
- We will make information available to you regarding how we handle your personal, sensitive data and who we share your data with for the purposes of your on-going medical care.